Long Island Indicator Service

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

dampfmann

Long Island Indicator Service

Post by dampfmann »

Hello,

I sent my Brown & Sharpe 6" dial caliper to LIIS for repair. That was 6 weeks ago. I have not received any word for the company and made two attempts to contact them, but to no avail. Perhaps, as it says on the website, they are just that busy!

Has anyone ever used this company? Is my experience typical of others' experiences? Any advice?

Thanks,

Marty
pete

Re: Long Island Indicator Service

Post by pete »

Did you make any contact with them before sending those calipers in? I'd heard maybe a year ago that there were some company issues with them, but not exactly what they were.
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

I ordered some tractor parts; no word, no parts, don't answer the phone, no email. website not updated for months.
Well, I thought I'd better write that one off and was about to order from someone else when...
the parts arrived.

Don't give up hope!
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I remember a while back they posted a covid memo, but not sure about anything after that.

Steve