Boyar Shultz table stop

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: Boyar Shultz table lock

Post by Harold_V »

Beautiful piece of work.
As the function appears to be a stop, not a lock, would that be a more suitable description?

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
little giant

Re: Boyar Shultz table lock

Post by little giant »

Yes I agree with you, if you can please change lock to stop in the title. Thank you for your kind words. I tried my best to make it look like the original, but the only difference is the material I used was CRS and not cast iron. After completing the stop latch I now understand why they changed it to a round stop.
Harold_V

Re: Boyar Shultz table stop

Post by Harold_V »

Done!
Your paint job on the stop is exceptional. Really adds to the quality of workmanship.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
little giant

Post by little giant »

Thank you Harold I really appreciate that. Since I did such a great paint job I may have to paint the rest of the grinder :shock: . I finished the longitudinal table stops last night.
boyar schultz stops.jpg
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

little giant wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 am Thank you Harold I really appreciate that. Since I did such a great paint job I may have to paint the rest of the grinder :shock: . I finished the longitudinal table stops last night.
Chuckle!
Yep! Much like drinking from a spittoon. Once started, there's no stopping until it's finished. :-)

I went in to the old (1943) Cincinnati #2 cutter grinder much the same way. Once I got started, not finishing each detail simply wasn't in the cards. I was rewarded with a highly functional and quite nice looking machine for my efforts. It's all part of the fun!

H