Syil X5 Milling Machine

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Victor_R

Syil X5 Milling Machine

Post by Victor_R »

Cute Chinese maker girl Naomi Wu gets delivery of her new CNC milling machine. Then sets up the vice and trams it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHWrD0V2OU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GZFtc4QXI
"The machines are gaining ground upon us; day by day we are becoming more subservient to them" ~ Samuel Butler (1863)
TomB

Re: Syil X5 Milling Machine

Post by TomB »

Very interesting videos. It was interesting how an area in a Chinese area could have a half dozen 'uncles' readily available to help her with the unloading. I live in a small town with numerous labors that would like to take small jobs but they don't have the ability to take direction well enough to bring the machine inside.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Victor_R wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:24 pm Cute Chinese maker girl Naomi Wu gets delivery of her new CNC milling machine. Then sets up the vice and trams it in.

Did she call in the vice squad for help? :D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Victor_R

Post by Victor_R »

Oh well so I used the wrong spelling. But "vice" might apply to some of her other videos where she wears some very skimpy outfits. And did everyone hear her joke (in the first video) about the uncles being able to dispose of your corpse for only $25 if you came looking for her residence? :lol:
"The machines are gaining ground upon us; day by day we are becoming more subservient to them" ~ Samuel Butler (1863)
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

In Chinese culture, there are many being considered "unofficial" uncles. I would refer to a Chinese friend of my father as "uncle", although of no relationship. I'm assuming Naomi Wu lives in Hong Kong, not mainland China. I'm guessing she works for a company that does reviews on products. She does show some skills like when she is tramming the vise on the CNC. I watched her installing an air line to the CNC and she seemed to know what she was doing.
Last edited by Mr Ron on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
armscor 1

Post by armscor 1 »

More easy on the eye than Abom!
Have to go and show her how to tram a vise.
Victor_R

Post by Victor_R »

Mr Ron wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:34 pm I'm assuming Naomi Wu lives in Hong Kong, not mainland China. I'm guessing she works for a company that does reviews on products.
According to her she lives on the outskirts of Shenzhen China, a major technical city. And from what I gather, having watched a lot of her videos, she's pretty much freelance these days having been a programmer. With well over a million subscribers on YT you get paid for that. And there are people and companies that support her. She also knows YT is somewhat risky from the government's point of view. But she produces and edits everything herself.