Dust Extraction Hose Fitting

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

pollys1dad

Dust Extraction Hose Fitting

Post by pollys1dad »

I need to empty a sandblasting pressure pot, containing 50kg of grit, is not practical to tip upside down. I asked on Chaski and was suggested to use a vacuum/blow gun, I'm in UK, got a Lidl Parkside version. also bought a large 25 litre bucket to put the grit in. I can use the hose on my mitre saw, to connect the gun via the hose to the bucket. Propose using holesaw on lid of bucket, then superglue hose adapter in place, then crimp hose to adapter. Will need to fit another adapter in lid for guns dust bag, to allow compressed air out of bucket.The mitre saw hose has an internal diameter of 30mm. Need a hose adapter something like in screenshot. I can't find an adapter with an OD of say 28mm. I've seen air fittings, that have a barrel and washers on each end to fit into wall of sandblasting cabinet. A plastic hose adapter like that would be better, could dispense with buying the superglue.
Perhaps I'm not using correct Google search term for hose adapters and is reason don't seem to be able to find a suitable adapter, or using fittings in combination to cobble up something joining hose, adaper and lid.
Anyone, any ideas?
Ta:)
Attachments
Chaski A.jpg
Chaski B.jpg
pollys1dad

Re: Dust Extraction Hose Fitting

Post by pollys1dad »

Not to worry, got it all sorted out now.