3d printing masks

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

SteveM

3d printing masks

Post by SteveM »

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it's manufacturing, so here it is:

A friend of mine has a 3d printer.

He's printing frames for face masks. He cuts and punches the clear plastic for the face shield and then attaches elastic.
Masks3.jpg
Masks2.jpg
So far, he's made more than 40 masks and donated them to the local hospital.

Steve
whateg0

Re: 3d printing masks

Post by whateg0 »

My sister has her own practice and just asked me to print some of the bands that go on the back of her head to attach the mask elastic to so it doesn't hurt her ears. I've got the first one printing right now and if it looks good, I'll get the rest going.

Dave
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

One of my sons has a 3D printer and it has been running 24/7 making some kind of gizmo that allows fabric to be drawn through and then sewn into an edge material. Sewing is way to technical for me.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

whateg0 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:19 am My sister has her own practice and just asked me to print some of the bands that go on the back of her head to attach the mask elastic to so it doesn't hurt her ears. I've got the first one printing right now and if it looks good, I'll get the rest going.

Dave
92171722_10218201823250035_2099990921843048448_o.jpg
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!