Problem with a plugged propane orifice.

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Inspector

Re: Problem with a plugged propane orifice.

Post by Inspector »

I wonder if you could fill the screen side with a solvent or light oil, place it over a hole in a board, and with a punch the size of the bore hit it? It might hydraulic the obstruction out of the hole. Then you could rinse it out well in acetone, MEK or some other thin solvent to degrease it.

Pete
B Mann

Post by B Mann »

Inspector wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 am I wonder if you could fill the screen side with a solvent or light oil, place it over a hole in a board, and with a punch the size of the bore hit it? It might hydraulic the obstruction out of the hole. Then you could rinse it out well in acetone, MEK or some other thin solvent to degrease it.

Pete
I just seen your post... Still have not figured it out. I did get the screen and retaining ring out. Not sure I could get a punch to to fit snug, because of the pipe thread. But it does give me an idea to try using a grease gun. ????
B Mann

Post by B Mann »

I just realized I never told how I figured it out. After trying all kinds of solvents, a bit of heat, air pressure, with no luck. I was looking at the 3/8" thread on the back side. Well a grease gun uses a 3/8" pipe thread. Blew the crud right out. Then I had to clean out all the grease, but that was fairly easy.
liveaboard

Post by liveaboard »

Ah, the humble grease gun; high pressure pump languishing grimy and despised in every workshop.