Looking for tutorial stuff for Solidworks

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

amron

Looking for tutorial stuff for Solidworks

Post by amron »

Hi
I want to learn by myself how to use Solidworks. I'm a complete beginner, so I need to start with the basics.
I will appreciate all the help that you can offer by directing me to tutorial/s that comply my ignorance.
Thanx.
curtis cutter

Re: Looking for tutorial stuff for Solidworks

Post by curtis cutter »

Where are you from?
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

I may be able to help here as I have been using SW since 2002 or so. If you have a recent software copy, say 2008 or later, there is a really good tutorial that comes with the software. If you take the time to work your way thru it you will be proficient enough to do most things you wish to do. When I was rowing the corporate galley, I had interns that came from local engineering colleges, and their task in the first two weeks of their tenure was to go thru the tutorial. After that I answered questions and showed them tricks that weren't covered. Most picked it up and were very useful after 3 weeks. YMMV.

Amazon also has tutorial books.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... 5bs7ix9h_e

If you pm me I will hopefully be able to answer some of your questions.

--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

you will also find several online classes on solidworks at UDEMY. they are not free but can be pretty useful if you do better with a video format.
RCW

Post by RCW »

amron:

It would be useful to you and to us to add some sort of location. Go to "User Control Panel" up in the upper right corner and click it. Then in the middle of the left side of the new screen click 'Profile" then "Edit Profile." I wouldn't put my street number in there (Who knows who may surf any site?), but a town or area and a state are helpful.

Welcome to the forum!

Bob
Jim_Nolan

Post by Jim_Nolan »

Youtube
www.northernsteam.com