Ozarks Live Steamers

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

ccvstmr

Ozarks Live Steamers

Post by ccvstmr »

OLS website is down. Pinging any club member for contact information. Perhaps I should ask...does the club even exist? Please advise. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
csxcarl

Re: Ozarks Live Steamers

Post by csxcarl »

I believe they still have a couple of meets a year, but the number of active members is down quite a bit. You can probably email Scott W.from Scott's Trains and get all the info you need. Just go to his ad on Dis. Live Steam, and shoot him an email, as I don't care to post it publicly here. Hope this helps.
CSXCARL
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

CSXCarl...thanks for the heads up. Sent you a PM. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Brian Hillsdon

Post by Brian Hillsdon »

Ozark Live Steamers.
This is a message from the UK, where we are compiling a worldwide survey of 15 inch gauge steam locomotives. Some years ago we found a report that you were building a 15 inch gauge 4-8-4. Can you tell me please if this is correct, or have we got it wrong, as we have seen on the video that you have a nice 7.5 inch gauge 4-8-4 in steam.
If you do have a 15 inch gauge loco would it please be possible for you to send me some historical details of it with a photograph, to give it a nice entry in the survey. This would be very much appreciated.
Thank You. Brian Hillsdon. brian-hillsdon@outlook.com
LIALLEGHENY

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

Brian,

Do a YouTube search of ; 1/4 scale Northern, also try searching for YouTube user; Petro062

Nyle

Post by 0351 »

csxcarl wrote: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:28 pm I believe they still have a couple of meets a year, but the number of active members is down quite a bit. You can probably email Scott W.from Scott's Trains and get all the info you need. Just go to his ad on Dis. Live Steam, and shoot him an email, as I don't care to post it publicly here. Hope this helps.
CSXCARL
Scott W of Scott’s trains passed away in 2020.
Unfortunately YouTube user; Petro062 also passed away couple years ago.
Seems I heard owner of the track had health issues and it may no longer be open to the public.
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
John 14:6 (KJV)
Brian Hillsdon

Post by Brian Hillsdon »

From the UK again, I could not find the you tube references, they both seem to have closed.
Please does anyone know what 15 inch gauge steam locos they have please. Is there anyone in that area who could visit them please. A lot of steam buffs who would like to know how they are with their steaming. Thankyou. Brian. email brian-hillsdon'@outlook.com
Rob Gardner

Post by Rob Gardner »

Brian,

The club itself did not have a Youtube channel, but a now-deceased member had posted a number of videos of Mike Weldon's construction progress on the Santa Fe 4-8-4 in 15" gauge. I think the locomotive itself was to the plumbing stage and the tender trucks may have been built. I think Mike's health hasn't been the best the last 5 years or so so probably not much new progress to report.

Here's a link to the last videos I recall seeing posted on Youtube showing the progress on the 3776 class 4-8-4.
https://youtu.be/w2v1ER7W1Yo

https://youtu.be/aTua3tnnT04

Rob Gardner