diesel loco drawings

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

LSGOD

diesel loco drawings

Post by LSGOD »

I have a very large collection of early diesel loco drawings that I could supply copies of. They include Alco PA-1 & PB-1,GM switchers, F3 F7 SD-7 some Fairbanks Morse, Alco Switchers. Several truck drawings. Most of the drawings are from the SPRR. The drawings include all the various parts for each loco including trucks, brakes, frames, wiring diagrams,plumbing diagrams etc. There are thousands of drawings that I do not have listings for.

LSGOD
STRR

Re: diesel loco drawings

Post by STRR »

LSGOD,

Are you selling them as one package or are you trying to separate them per model? What price are you looking to sell them for? The drawings you do not have listings for, could you give a little more information on them?

Thank You,
Terry
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

I was asked to give a quote on an Alco A-1-A truck equalizer bar....The drawing that was supplied didn't have enough data on it for me to make it...Does the original print have enough info on it to make a scale drawing of it?

Thanks,

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I would be interested in PA-1 drawings, can you give a little more info on what you have and how much for copies?

Thanks
Rick

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Unknown
Murphy's Law: " If it can go wrong it will"
O-Tool's Corollary: "Murphy was entirely too optimistic"
Loco112

Post by Loco112 »

LSGOD wrote:I have a very large collection of early diesel loco drawings that I could supply copies of. They include Alco PA-1 & PB-1,GM switchers, F3 F7 SD-7 some Fairbanks Morse, Alco Switchers. Several truck drawings. Most of the drawings are from the SPRR. The drawings include all the various parts for each loco including trucks, brakes, frames, wiring diagrams,plumbing diagrams etc. There are thousands of drawings that I do not have listings for.

LSGOD
Would you like to sell them all?
What are you thinking about the cost?

David
STRR

Post by STRR »

David,

Doesn't seem as if there is much interest in a sale. Several requests and no answers. All we can do is hope.

Cheers,
Terry
LSGOD

Post by LSGOD »

Sorry about the delay in answering. To answer about the truck equalizer I have the Alco truck drawing. You should be able to make the equal. from it with no problems. It's 1.5" scale. I can not sell the entire set of drawings as they are on indefinite loan to me. I will make copys of them. Price depends on what they charge me. I have to travel about 25 miles each way to the copier. I have about all the PA drawings in both SP and ALCO. They are in very nice condition. Some of the GM drawings are 42" wide and I have not found anybody that can copy them. I fold them so I can get them through a 36" copier.

LSGOD
Loco112

Post by Loco112 »

Are any of those drawings for Narrow Gauge Locomotives?

Or, were any of the trucks ever used under any NG locomotives?
LSGOD

Post by LSGOD »

No narrow guage drawings.
WJH

Post by WJH »

Don't sell them to a collector where they will never be seen again! Should make a web page listing the drawings, and the prices per copy!
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

LSGOD wrote:Sorry about the delay in answering. To answer about the truck equalizer I have the Alco truck drawing. You should be able to make the equal. from it with no problems. It's 1.5" scale. I can not sell the entire set of drawings as they are on indefinite loan to me. I will make copys of them. Price depends on what they charge me. I have to travel about 25 miles each way to the copier. I have about all the PA drawings in both SP and ALCO. They are in very nice condition. Some of the GM drawings are 42" wide and I have not found anybody that can copy them. I fold them so I can get them through a 36" copier.

LSGOD
Let me know...

Thanks,

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Loco112

Post by Loco112 »

Don't sell them to a collector where they will never be seen again!
I second that!