Bad trackulence

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Greg_Lewis

Bad trackulence

Post by Greg_Lewis »

IMG_0571.PNG
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
NP317

Re: Bad trackulence

Post by NP317 »

djjh87

Post by djjh87 »

👍
No problems just solutions.
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Russ, there is no way I'd stand next to the track to get some of the clips in that video. Oy! I wonder if the engineer has to take Dramamine before the run.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Greg:
If we slow down the replay of some of those scenes, the visuals look a little more tolerable...

Regardless, I remain amazed at how trains can stay on nearly non-existent trackage!
RussN
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

Fun to watch. We had a branch near here that was built about 1912 and was still in use in the early '80s. And as many of you may know, Sufferin Pathetic was never high on the list for maintenance. I remember watching what may have been the last run on that line, a locomotive and one boxcar heading out to the only industry left on the line, and the run wasn't significantly different from some of those vids. The engineer was taking it Very Slow. That line is now a nice hiking and biking trail.
Greg Lewis, Prop.