Help with Remote Control a 4QD pro-160 controller

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

heislerboy

Help with Remote Control a 4QD pro-160 controller

Post by heislerboy »

I have been trying to figure out how to hook up a remote control to my engine, I have a 4QD pro-160 controller and the 4QD pro-160 comes remote control ready but there is no in-depth information on how to hook it all up. I am also wondering if there is a way to turn on and off the lights as well as use the horn. I don’t want to use a remote-control car controller for the controller, I want to use my hand controller that I made because it is laid out so nicely and simple. I am trying to also keep the range short so that it is compatible for all Live Steam Railroads, I want to keep it at maximum 50 feet, I have done some research on how to shorten the range a little bit. Has anyone have hooked up a remote-controlled to their 4QD pro-160 controller and if so, can you please post pictures as well as detail information on how to hook I up.

Andrew S.