1.5" PRR K-4 Kit Project *** SOLD ***

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

ebtfan

1.5" PRR K-4 Kit Project *** SOLD ***

Post by ebtfan »

For sale is a PRR K-4 kit consisting of many of the castings needed to build this locomotive in 1.5" scale. The package includes the majority of castings needed to complete the running gear to include front and rear trucks, cylinders, and drive wheels. I have included a photo of my loco and tender that I am building using many of these same castings. I made some duplicate parts for the cab and smokebox front that are included. I can supply many of the drawings needed in building the locomotive to include, front and rear trucks, frame sides, valve gear, rods, brakes, cylinders, etc. The castings are located in Lancaster, PA. The asking price is $3800.00. Please PM me if you are interested.
Attachments
K-4 Lead Truck Castings.JPG
K-4 Cylinder Casting.JPG
K-4 Rear Truck Castings.JPG
K-4 Drivers.JPG
K-4 Cab.JPG
K-4 Loco and Tender.JPG
PRR5406

Re: 1.5" PRR K-4 Kit Project

Post by PRR5406 »

Oh my, she's beautiful.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Andypullen

Re: 1.5" PRR K-4 Kit Project

Post by Andypullen »

PRR5406 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:25 pm Oh my, she's beautiful.
Yes, Dan has done a very nice job on her. The picture doesn't do her justice!
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
ebtfan

Re: 1.5" PRR K-4 Kit Project SOLD

Post by ebtfan »

The casting kit is sold.