steam and sand domes

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

ICC2411

steam and sand domes

Post by ICC2411 »

I am searching for a set of steam and sand domes for a one inch steam locomotive, (little engines atlantic or pacific), or any later date in the 20's.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you, Joe F.
jscarmozza

Re: steam and sand domes

Post by jscarmozza »

Joe, what is the diameter and height of the steam dome on your boiler and what will be OD of your boiler with insulation and lagging? John
ICC2411

Post by ICC2411 »

Hi John, I will get you the dimensions this week, the boiler is in storage and not at the shop.
Thank you,
Joe F.
makinsmoke

Post by makinsmoke »

Little Engines still sells them, no?
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Little Engines still sells them, no?
That answer is definitely 'No'.

Little Engines small scale stuff (1", 3/4" 1/2" and 1/4" scales) was separated from the 1 1/2" scale stuff and sold. It got bought by a guy named Russell Stewart back about a dozen years ago now, somewhere in there, maybe a little bit longer ago. At first he was trying to sell castings and parts, and I inquired about getting some 1/2" scale coupler castings from him. He said he had the coupler bodies, but no knuckle castings. Anyway, after corresponding with him a couple of times, he just dropped out of sight. I could no longer contact him and he didn't answer the phone or return e-mails or anything. None of that stuff has been available in well over 10 years now. and nobody seems to know what happened to Mr. Stewart. I had heard that he got involved in another business venture or something, and that took most all of his time. I had also heard that some of those patterns for the small scale stuff hadn't been used in a long time and some were in bad shape and needed repair. We really don't know what happened, and nobody has said much on the subject.

I would consider anything from L.E. that isn't 1 1/2" scale to be completely unavailable now and in the forseeable future. Only place they might can get them is on the second hand market.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Did you try friends models...Yankee shops?

friendsmodels.com

he has some 1"
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
ICC2411

Post by ICC2411 »

I am going to see what jscarmozza has to offer first. Thank you for the idea, I will check with friends also.
Joe F
jscarmozza

Post by jscarmozza »

Joe,I sent you a PM
John