Rail splice/joint plates

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

STRR

Rail splice/joint plates

Post by STRR »

Hello,

Many years ago, I purchased about 400 splice/joint plates from RMI (Roll Models Inc). These were sold as being for 8lb rail. Being as I am using 8lb rail and have home made joint plates, I jumped at the chance to have proper plates. When received, they are NOT for standard 8lb rail. RMI volunteered to take them back and refund the purchase price. Problem: Shipping paid both ways was way more than the entire deal was worth, I kept the plates.

This post is for judging interest. I will DONATE all of these plates for the actual cost of shipping to their new home. I or the new owner will have to do some research to ensure the plates will work for their rail application. I believe RMI has them listed as RJ-108. The RMI web site is severely lacking in photos and information on the products they sell.

Description: Appears to be galvanized but MAY be stainless. Length: 6 inches, Top Flange: approximately 3/8 inch wide, Bottom Flange: approximately 1/2 inch wide, Body: approximately 1/2 inch wide, Holes: 4 oblong centered slot/holes approximately 1/4 inch wide by 7/16 inch long. I have a box marked 300 and a double hand full of loose plates. I will count them to be sure but I guess there are at least 100 loose.

BUYER BEWARE: THESE ARE HEAVY AS IN REALLY HEAVY. I can break them down into whatever will fit into a flat rate box and ship them in however many flat rate boxes it takes. OR, I can box them all into one shipment.

As I said, these are FREE / YOU pay shipping. If there is no interest, and I can understand that, I will just throw them in scrap iron.

You are free to contact me through PM, Posting on this thread, or Email through Home Machinist.

Good Luck,
Terry Miller
Glenn Brooks

Re: Rail splice/joint plates

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Sent PM…
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
STRR

Post by STRR »

Photos
Attachments
Rail Space-jointer back side up sized.jpg
Rail Space-jointer end view sized.jpg
Rail Space-jointer fit in rail sized.jpg
Rail Space-jointer open side up sized.jpg
STRR

Post by STRR »

These are still For Sale, priced at the cost of shipping. As in FREE, you pay shipping.
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

PM sent
STRR

Post by STRR »

Transfer to ChipsAhoy Pending.

Thank You Chaski and Scotty

Transfer Complete. Thank you Justin and Scotty.