FOR TRADE: Model Railroader magazines for Live Steam Magazines

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

LouStule

FOR TRADE: Model Railroader magazines for Live Steam Magazines

Post by LouStule »

I have a ton of old Model Railroader magazines and other model railroad related magazines, some are 20 years old and some are almost new. I would like to trade some for some Live Steam magazines, specifically steam powered boats but any live steam magazine is fine. Thanks.
ALCOSTEAM

Re: FOR TRADE: Model Railroader magazines for Live Steam Magazines

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

It would be really great if LS would do like MR and scan every issue and offer the whole LS magazine collection on DVD. MR did its original 1934 to 2009 DVD and then offered a 10 year update about two or three years ago. They were somewhat limited in quantity and the 75 year collection is fairly pricey these days. Its really nice to look up a subject or drawing and then go to the DVD and look up an issue from long ago and not have to search out the back issue, etc to get info. Mainline Modeler is also all on DVD now and iirc its the C&O historical society has them for sale. Mainline Modeler or I should say Robert Hundman made great drawings for many subjects over the years. Anyone got an in at Village Press or whoever owns LS now?
LouStule

Post by LouStule »

ALCOSTEAM wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:37 am It would be really great if LS would do like MR and scan every issue and offer the whole LS magazine collection on DVD. MR did its original 1934 to 2009 DVD and then offered a 10 year update about two or three years ago. They were somewhat limited in quantity and the 75 year collection is fairly pricey these days. Its really nice to look up a subject or drawing and then go to the DVD and look up an issue from long ago and not have to search out the back issue, etc to get info. Mainline Modeler is also all on DVD now and iirc its the C&O historical society has them for sale. Mainline Modeler or I should say Robert Hundman made great drawings for many subjects over the years. Anyone got an in at Village Press or whoever owns LS now?
Thank you for this. I never thought about LS putting everything on CD like MR did. That would be great!
wewilliams

Post by wewilliams »

They have talked about this. They claim they cannot track down all the authors or their heirs to make payments to the for the 'reprinting' of their articles.