Wanted to Buy Phoenix Sound Board

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

BMRR

Wanted to Buy Phoenix Sound Board

Post by BMRR »

Wanted Phoenix Sound System Board (fully functional) to replace 2k2 board on DMD F-7 battery powered locomotive. A newer replacement board that is compatible with the existing installation and able to load applicable Phoenix sound files would be acceptable. Please respond with PM including info on board age and any prior board usage history.
Pipescs

Re: Wanted to Buy Phoenix Sound Board

Post by Pipescs »

Good morning,

When I looked up this sound board I see that it is meant for the small electric HO and O gauge range of engines. Are you using this for large 7.5 inch gauge electric engines and if so what modifications are needed to power larger speakers?
Charlie Pipes
Mid-South Live Steamers

Current Projects:

Scratch Built 3 3/4 scale 0-4-4 Forney
Little Engines American
20 Ton Shay (Castings and Plans Purchased for future)
BMRR

Post by BMRR »

these sound systems can use a 12 volt car stereo amplifier (using one channel) and create a realistic diesel sound that can correspond to power level supplied to the electric motors for a battery driven locomotive or alternatively the diesel sounds can be driven by a magnetic sensor picking up the rotational speed of a magnet mounted on an axle or wheel driven by hydraulics. I have used this latter setup on a Rail Systems RS-3 for roughly 20 years.

Chris
Pipescs

Post by Pipescs »

Sounds good, I am looking at converting an old Railroad Supply 25 Tonner that has a gas engine from the 1950 period to electric. Sound would be nice.
Charlie Pipes
Mid-South Live Steamers

Current Projects:

Scratch Built 3 3/4 scale 0-4-4 Forney
Little Engines American
20 Ton Shay (Castings and Plans Purchased for future)