Electric wheelchair motors and controls

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

tetramachine

Electric wheelchair motors and controls

Post by tetramachine »

While not steam it is Train related . I am in a wheelchair 20+ years, as such I have used a number of chairs. Surprisingly the motors and gear box are not what wear out first. the wear is the joints of the arm rest, suspension, seating ect.

I have 2 chairs available, both Quickie 646 model, one is a high performance 4 brush motor, the other standard motors. The 4 pole motors are around 1 hp each and the standard are around 3/4 hp. Batteries are good, everything works. I have the programmer control to modify the joystick settings, or toss the electronics, and make your own controller.

Located in NJ,
contact tetrawheels at hot mail dot com
My wheels don't slow me down
PRR5406

Re: Electric wheelchair motors and controls

Post by PRR5406 »

This a real find if you are constructing a "Diesel-Electric" model locomotive. Are you selling or looking to give them to a good home?
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
tetramachine

Re: Electric wheelchair motors and controls

Post by tetramachine »

I would like to sell them, However if someone has a need for one that would be a different story. If you know someone that needs a WC, give them my info and I will work something out with them.
My wheels don't slow me down