Next batch of EE Injectors

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Next batch of EE Injectors

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

With the 4000C's nearly complete, I'm opening up the EE Standard and Small injectors for preorder. There will be a price increase on the next batch, but for now I will offer preorders at the original price. Once they are in stock, they will convert to the new price.

Preordering is not required. I will always make 2-3x more than is required, but preorders give me a better idea of how many 2-3x actually is.

I expect to have the Standard injectors ready to ship in December, and the Small injectors ready to ship in January. Intermediate and Large will be available for preorder as the Small and Standard near completion.

4000C's will start shipping next week!

https://www.eccentricengineer.com/injectors
EnidPuceflange

Re: Next batch of EE Injectors

Post by EnidPuceflange »

Any update on this? I ordered a standard injector back in November, and the web site still says they are shipping in December 2021.....
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

EnidPuceflange wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:42 pm Any update on this? I ordered a standard injector back in November, and the web site still says they are shipping in December 2021.....
EnidPuceflange,

I posted an update on the standard injectors recently in the live steam forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=111354

I’m pretty sure we’ve locked in on the casting issue, and the foundry will do a few more test pieces today or tomorrow. Also trying 3 different suitable alloys to see if one is more reliable than the others.

Believe me when I say no one is more frustrated than I am with the delay. All your pre-orders are greatly appreciated and they go a long way to keep me in business while production is underway.

I will be sure to update the delivery estimates on my website today.

Anthony
EnidPuceflange

Post by EnidPuceflange »

OK, thank you - given my glacial pace of work, it's hardly urgent :)

Enid
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Intermediate Injectors - The internal components are now in production and I've opened pre-orders for the Intermediates.
https://www.eccentricengineer.com/injec ... e-injector

Small Injectors will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. Working on the bodies now and everything else is done.

Standard Injectors - I should hear from the foundry today on how the recent tests came out. We tried new gating and new alloys and I'm optimistic. Time to delivery is still TBD but once I have good castings in hand it should only take 2-3 weeks to start shipping.

Large Injectors - I expect to start on these in about a month. Once started, they will be available for pre-order.

Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered! What I do would not be possible without your early support, and your patience is greatly appreciated!
Anthony
BAdams

Post by BAdams »

Thanks for the update Anthony!!

Brook
sabin

Post by sabin »

Thanks so much for the update Anthony. I sent an email to you requesting a change from the 1/4" pipe connections to 3/16". If it is to late for that change I'll adapt. Thank you for all that you are doing for the hobby. Good stuff !
Jim Sabin
order # 568
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

sabin wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:30 pm Thanks so much for the update Anthony. I sent an email to you requesting a change from the 1/4" pipe connections to 3/16". If it is to late for that change I'll adapt. Thank you for all that you are doing for the hobby. Good stuff !
Jim Sabin
order # 568
Jim's question got taken care of over email, but just so others know, it's not too late if you want to change connection sizes.

And to answer a related question I get a lot:
On the small injector, the only difference between 3/16" and 1/4" is the solder tailpiece. The injector itself is the same. And the injector is designed for 3/16" tubing so there is no compromise in performance by going with 3/16. It will not work better with 1/4".

Anthony
davidk

Post by davidk »

Hi Anthony,
Many thanks for the update. I must say I was very impressed with your video on the small injectors, that was what made me finally decide to place an order!
That's really useful information about the pipe sizes, very relevant as my engine is a mixture of 3/16" and 1/4".
David
Order # 591
I've cut this bit of wood three times now, and it's still too small!
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

still planning on making 1.6 scale safety valves this year?
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Berkman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:05 pm still planning on making 1.6 scale safety valves this year?
That's the current plan. Whether or not they'll actually be completed this year is an unknown variable.

My priorities once all the EE injectors are finished are 2.5/1.6" safeties and 1.6/1" Simplex injectors. I think I can manage to finish those projects before the end of 2022.
Soot n' Cinders

Post by Soot n' Cinders »

AnthonyDuarte wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:22 am
Berkman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:05 pm still planning on making 1.6 scale safety valves this year?
That's the current plan. Whether or not they'll actually be completed this year is an unknown variable.

My priorities once all the EE injectors are finished are 2.5/1.6" safeties and 1.6/1" Simplex injectors. I think I can manage to finish those projects before the end of 2022.
Ooh, 2.5in scale safeties sound interesting. I’ve got a set of Sclavi safeties on my shay, and while they are very nice they do look a little small. They do have plenty of capacity though, I’ve never managed to lift the second one outside of setting the pressure.
-Tristan

Projects
-2.5" scale Class A 20 Ton Shay

Steam Siphon: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leavitt ... tive-works