7 1/4 gauge Baldwin Mogul

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

7 1/4 gauge Baldwin Mogul

Post by 46228 »

I am selling my 7 1/4 gauge Baldwin locomotive, Dixie. Built in around 2004 and based upon the Keith Watson (Wato) design "Sweet Creek" (now sold by Roll Models). She is a highly detailed version built by Willis Engineering in Western Australia as a one-off (although number 45 of the Willis production) with significant work and detailing added by Stan Andrews. She was used very occasionally until about 5 years ago when I bought her from Stan. Since then she has been used but only on a few occasions per year. In effect, she is almost a new loco. A very free steaming Briggs boiler is fitted rated at 100psi. No known issues with her except the battery lighting doesn't currently work. Looking for around US$48,000. Note that she is currently located in Western Australia but happy to crate, insure and ship at buyers cost anywhere in the world.

Please note that, when designed, Sweet Creek was designed for 7 1/4, 7 1/2 or 10 1/4 gauge and thus re-gauging to an alternative would be technically simple. Her sister is at the Watford Miniature Railway in the UK gauged at 10 1/4.

Please contact me at adriancgould(at)hotmail.com if you are interested.
Attachments
IMG_9292.jpg

Re: 7 1/4 gauge Baldwin Mogul

Post by 46228 »

Correction to the above.... loco was actually built in 1993.