Model Steam Pressure Gauges

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

timmy wheeler

Re: Model Steam Pressure Gauges

Post by timmy wheeler »

I am interested in a gauge in the 250# range if you decide to make them.

Timmy
illigitimi non carborundum
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Yes, I would be interested in a 250-300 psi gauge also- preferably larger than 2” diameter. Tiny gauges aren’t meant to be seen very well! I can live with a bit of distortion in the scale when it comes to safety and ease of reading.:)
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Fender

Post by Fender »

My gauge (including the 3/16” fitting) came in the mail today, and it is beautiful! If you decide to offer them in the 0-250 psi range, I’ll buy one of those too!
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
JTolan

Post by JTolan »

Recieved mine. I loved it. Can I have another? 160 or 200 lbs?
apm

Post by apm »

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the gauges so far. We're working on getting ready for the next batch of them. As far as pressures I can do 160psig with/without the words locomotive on it right away if there is interest in those. I am thinking some of the 160psig gauges may be handy for compressed air on larger scale locomotives.

I am also working on a larger 2-1/2", 300psig locomotive gauge too. 200psig and 250 though may be a little bit further on the horizon. I will also make sure to have more of the compression fittings next time around.

Thanks,

Adam
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

Would love to see a 250 PSI version with a black moon dial.

Cheers,

-Mike
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
nabob

Post by nabob »

would like one of the 300 lb gauges. Any chance of a red line at 125 lb? Put me down for one either way, with fitting. Thanks, nabob @ncn.net (let me know how much and when you want it.)
John Roadcap

Post by John Roadcap »

Hi, are these guages still available? I need will need six for an Alco northern rated 150 psi or higher. Thanks John
apm

Post by apm »

John Roadcap wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:06 pm Hi, are these guages still available? I need will need six for an Alco northern rated 150 psi or higher. Thanks John
Hi John,

As luck would have it we just finished a run of 6 of the straight up Brass ones and if you want to take all 6 of them and can get back to me by 5pm Sunday afternoon I will hold them for you, otherwise they are first come first serve.

We also have available at this time qnty 4 nickel plated gauges which are available at $175each, plus more of the compression fittings at $10 each to go along with the gauge.
Nickel Plated Gauge.JPG
The photos really aren't doing any justice here for the nickel plated gauges if the brass ones look beautiful in nickel plate they area almost stunning.

If interested please send money via paypal plus $10shipping to my paypal address. Outside of waiting on John to take all 6 of them they will be first come first serve, so if you want one please send payment to adam@miller4.org. I can always refund you if I have sold out.

I do appreciate everyone's patience as we try to scale up and make more of these.

One other interesting thing. I see a lot of requests here for a 250psig version. Since we are not making our own bourdon tubes here that is a lot harder. It seems virtually no one out there makes a gauge in that range as a starting point to go off of. So the options are 160psig, 200, and 300. If there is a lot of demand 200 won't be that hard to do and I already have the artwork for more 160psig versions both with/without the word locomotive on them as soon as we can make more of those too.

Thanks,

Adam
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

apm wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:30 pm One other interesting thing. I see a lot of requests here for a 250psig version. Since we are not making our own bourdon tubes here that is a lot harder. It seems virtually no one out there makes a gauge in that range as a starting point to go off of. So the options are 160psig, 200, and 300. If there is a lot of demand 200 won't be that hard to do and I already have the artwork for more 160psig versions both with/without the word locomotive on them as soon as we can make more of those too.

Thanks,

Adam
For gauges that need to go to 125 PSI operating pressure, 200 PSI max is fine. I'd rather be over than under the center of the gauge at operating pressure if I had to pick one. It gives more granularity. The Chloe's gauge is 200 PSI and no problems.
Live Steam Photography and more - gallery.mikemassee.com
Product Development and E-Commerce, Allen Models of Nevada
apm

Post by apm »

I opened up an online store for these gauges where I currently have the 300psig versions for sale in both brass and nickel plate I have yet to hear from John so right now they are all for sale. I hope to add a few more options in the near future.
https://www.modelgauge.com/

In the case where I am not ready to offer some of the other sizes complete I hope to at least get some of them up there in DIY kit format to offer a lower cost point for those who enjoy doing the machine work themselves.

Thanks,

Adam
apm

Post by apm »

Just updated the website to add 200, and 160psig gagues. The 200psig ones all say locomotive, the 160psig ones don't and would be perfect for auxillaries such as compressed air. Here's some photos;
160psig gauge.JPG
200psig gauge.JPG
If there is any interest probaby next run will be to do some 2.5" sizes for the larger locomotives.

The gauges can be found on
https://www.modelgauge.com

By the way anyone who I have sold these to have any good photos of them in use yet?