Duplomatic T50 tracer attachment, refurbishment

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Patio

Re: Duplomatic T50 tracer attachment, refurbishment

Post by Patio »

I am still alive, but this project is on hold. As an update. I have two tracer attachments. One is a TA80 and the other is a T50. The TA80 is the largest of the two and the one I bought first. It seemed to big for the Caz, so a search for the smaller unit, a T50 like the one Harold has. It is about half the size of the TA80. As you all have been following along, you know a made a new base for the T50 to fit the mounting feature on the Cazeneuve lathe. After it was all said and done, I have figured out that the TA 80 has a much lower profile than the smaller T50. The lower profile makes it much easier to mount to the lathe. Sooooo, I have abandoned the idea of mounting the T50 and will try to mount the TA80, in the future. This project is being put aside, so other projects may get done. It is spring here and riding season is just around the corner, so I am working on the bike project until the thing runs or I sell it. That project can be seen here. viewtopic.php?f=26&t=101841
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
Patio

Post by Patio »

And the band played on! :)
I just bought a third tracer attachment and it may or may not work better than the other two. :lol: This one is a True Trace Mark O-A series "Pivot type, tracer. It did not come with a template holder, which is the case with most tracers bought on the net. I do know that the motor runs on the pump, but have not put any hydraulic fluid in the tank to test it to see it it generates pressure, yet. Another round-toit. :)
20210627_191216.jpg
I am just over a month out from retirement. At that time, the projects should move along much faster. We will see. The SO want to hit the road, for a bit.
That's it for now!
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
BadDog

Post by BadDog »

Good luck. Tracer projects seem to have an inherent drag on progress. Most every one I know of is on the slow path or gathering dust like mine. I got mine mostly worked out, but when it came to the template holder and micrometer infeed mechanism, it just never went further. I'm pretty sure I had figured out how I want to do it, but don't recall the details any longer. Finishing that is on the "some day" list.

Good luck on retirement too. I'm not sure I will ever be so fortunate.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

BadDog wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:55 pm Good luck on retirement too. I'm not sure I will ever be so fortunate.
Damned shame!
I was 54 when I retired. My only regret, thus far, is that it wasn't sooner.
I underwent a rather strange thing the day after I had emptied my refining business (which was sold so I could retire). I walked in to my now empty lab, hands in my pockets, and looked at the fume hood stack, no longer hooked to the fume hood. Dread overtook me, as I concluded that I could no longer make a living, that I was, for the most part, useless. Then good sense took over. I realized that in order for me to retire, these are the things that must transpire. With a smile on my face, I departed the now empty refining lab and never looked back. Retirement, for me, has been wonderful.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.