Question on pricing horizontal cutters

Buying, selling, trading and for giving away Items of interest to the Home Machinist Community. (Non-Commercial Only) *PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST CONTACT INFORMATION AND LOCATION OF ITEM*

Moderator: Harold_V

John Evans

Question on pricing horizontal cutters

Post by John Evans » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:21 pm

SOLDSOLS !!!No longer have a way to use a fairly large selection of cutters ranging from silting saws to 3.5 wide X2.5 dia. Sold the box these were stored in so GENTLY placed in this crate. All are 1"bore . Some 45-60-90* cutters. Also matched pairs of concave-convex cutters in various radius. Most are sharp ,a few useable and some that should be sharpened. All USA made. Don't have enough table space to spread out and leave. If you have a interest in certain sizes post here on thread so my PM does not get full quick. pictures in a few!
Found a home for the lot ! :D
Attachments
heli -c 003.JPG
heli -c 004.JPG
heli -c 005.JPG
heli -c 006.JPG
Last edited by John Evans on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.chaski.com

Bill Shields

Re: Question on pricing horizontal cutters

Post by Bill Shields » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:04 pm

if I were in need of any of them (and I am not), I would look at price as 'what is it going to cost to get it sharpened' and how much will it cost me to have the old (better) HSS than a junky new one from XYZ country that won't hold an edge'.

I would price / offer accordingly...

unfortunately there are not many of us who can even use these cutters since they take substantial machines...
Too many things going on to bother listing them.