Rotary table

Buying, selling, trading and for giving away Items of interest to the Home Machinist Community. (Non-Commercial Only) *PLEASE BE SURE TO LIST CONTACT INFORMATION AND LOCATION OF ITEM*

Moderator: Harold_V

pete

Re: Rotary table

Post by pete » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:06 pm

One other detail, you didn't specify which model of Troyke R/T you wanted. They made horizontal only or the horizontal/vertical models. I'll assume you along with most others would want the H/V type. The horizontals can be used in a vertical orientation with the addition of a large angle plate, but it's added weight, more cost and it takes a decent, fairly large and expensive angle plate that's precision ground or hand scraped to get close to what the table itself is capable of accuracy wise. I've had some Troyke tables show up in my daily Ebay search returns since you started this thread. But so far there all horizontal models so I haven't added a link to those. Those horizontals seem to average around what the new H/V Vertex tables are priced at, unfortunately the price does jump quite a bit as soon as you get into having that built in vertical capability. And as Steve mentioned about your location, these tables are pretty heavy, so finding something within driving distance could save quite a bit on shipping and the chance of any shipping damage.

hoppercar

Post by hoppercar » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:07 pm

A plain horizontal one only would be fine

pete

Post by pete » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:05 pm

gwrdriver

Post by gwrdriver » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:23 pm

See my "Rotary Table "Deal" Story" in General Discussion.
Sometimes even a blind dog finds a bone.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN

hoppercar

Post by hoppercar » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:09 am

Man, what a deal.....how come I never come across opportunities like that