Thinking of posting pictures?

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

djjh87

Re: Thinking of posting pictures?

Post by djjh87 »

Posting pics on a topic I just started.
No problems just solutions.
rmac

Post by rmac »

If you want to add new messages to your topic, I think you have to use the reply feature just as you (probably) have been. But you can also add images to your existing messages. If you click a message's edit button (it looks like a little pencil), you should be able to add images to it in the same way you do with a new message.

I'm not sure, but I think there may be some limit to the number (or total size, or ???) of images you can put into a single message. Maybe Harold has details on that??? Anyway, if you reach that limit (assuming it exists), you can then always create a new message using reply.

-- Russell Mac
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

As Russ suggested, there's limits on pictures, but they are reasonable. It's wise to limit overall pixel size to no greater than 1024 x 1024, in spite of the fact that the board software resizes for the post, using a large thumbnail. That thumbnail can be clicked for a larger view if needed, and right clicking allows for the largest possible view. Extra large images cause some folks to scroll left to right in order for a thread to be viewed, and it's not limited to just the post in question. All posts in a thread that contains an oversized image are spread. That's the reason for limiting image size on the board.

As to limits of numbers of images, it's all related to file size. One can generally include five images in a post, but if they're small, more may be possible. In my experience, with images sized 1024 x 768, a file size of <500kb is more than adequate unless one is attempting to display high definition. I've posted images of that size with no more than 125kb file size and enjoyed excellent resolution.

All of this is contingent on the images being hosted on the Chaski board. If they are hosted elsewhere, I am unaware of any limitations, up to the point where any given post exceeds the maximum allowable data per post, and that's a huge number, and is highly unlikely to be an issue. It is possible that images that exceed our board recommendation won't display without being clicked when they are hosted elsewhere.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
djjh87

Post by djjh87 »

Thank you for the help. Now I'm dealing with most of my pics are taken with my cell in the upright position and when posted it is turned sideways. I have had some success in turning the pics. I will keep posting till I catch up with the built. Maybe turning cell in landscape will work. Thanks Jim
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

djjh87 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:09 am Thank you for the help. Now I'm dealing with most of my pics are taken with my cell in the upright position and when posted it is turned sideways. I have had some success in turning the pics. I will keep posting till I catch up with the built. Maybe turning cell in landscape will work. Thanks Jim
Turn the cell phone in landscape and be sure to have the button to the right. If not, should you be using an iPhone….the image will be upside down!

Keith
djjh87

Post by djjh87 »

Thanks all future pics I will do that but still have to deal with unposted pics yet to come. Thanks Jim