Photo posting on PM

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Glenn Brooks

Photo posting on PM

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Hi Harold,

Just tried out the new forum software. Looks good! There may be a configuration issue on the Private Message reply function.

I tried to send a poster several pictures he asked for, regarding rail car design. But the forum only allowed me to post one phot. Not one at a time, but one photo.

I tried several times to load several photos into the PM, but they never showed up.

Can you advise if this is a configuration issue, or if not, what inshore do to be able to post more than one photo.

Thanks
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Harold_V

Re: Photo posting on PM

Post by Harold_V »

I believe that photos are limited to one per PM, but I'm not sure. It makes sense that that would be the case, as photos are stored on the board server, yet are of interest to only a limited number of readers, and possibly only one. It most likely would be in your best interest, as well as that of the board, that you send such pictures via email instead, to avoid loading unnecessary pictures on the board software.

If I'm wrong on this issue, Mike will advise us accordingly. I'm going to bring this thread to his attention.

If the pictures are of general interest to readers, you can always post them in a thread that revolves around the subject matter.. Just a thought!

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
dorin

Post by dorin »

Yes, that was the case. I did bump up the limit, but I would ask, as Harold says, if they are of general interest to the board, please let the whole group see them!

-Mike
www.chaski.com
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Thanks Mike and HRold. It makes sense to post photos onto the forum generally. In this case, a new forum member wrote a PM to ask my for designs to build a couple of riding cars. At the time, I thought maybe the detailed photos I had of the Penn Rr museum cars would consume a lot of forum resources, so tried to email them dir st.y. In retrospect, probably would nave been just as good to,post for all to see.- help,some else down the line.
Thanks
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....