Q: Trustworthy Source For Genuine Gillette Razor Blades ?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Steggy

Re: Q: Trustworthy Source For Genuine Gillette Razor Blades ?

Post by Steggy »

liveaboard wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:34 amBic seems to be ok.

I've used them with no complaints.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Not that it matters, but the last time a razor of any description touched my face was back in 1964. I shave nothing. I do use scissors on occasion.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
diyer

Post by diyer »

liveaboard wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:34 am My experience with electrics was 40 years ago; maybe they improved. I found they worked great for the first month, then started pulling and ripping instead of cutting . . . Just bought a bag of big name disposables that were on sale. They're so bad, I think I'm going to toss them, and I rarely toss anything....

To me, the disposables were always the worst shave of all the methods.

As for the current electrics. 40 yrs ago I had the same experience. I dont know if the metal of the cutting blades has improved (40's thru 70's era)? I'm sure the designs and tolerances have, but I think they last way more than a month from what I read. Haven't read about name brands failing that soon. Of course, its all subjective. I mean some guys have beards they shave twice a day. The hair color is like blueish, extremely thick, runs from the neck into their chest, almost like their entire body is one big beard area. The only place there is no hair is on the soles of the feet and palms of their hands. Guys like that really need the best shavers out there. They are hairy like werewolves. Anyway, at $90 for replacement blades, that $90 can buy many quality razor blades. It must be the 1/2 of 1% Bugatti crowd who pays it. No intent to add in a new topic but can you imagine having to pay $21,000.00 for a motor oil change that requires half the vehicle to be disassembled? Some guy on You Tube says he can do it for a discount, at half the cost :lol:
"When you have both a secret government and an open government -- you have a secret government."