Sirens

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Wolfgang

Re: Sirens

Post by Wolfgang »

If you enjoy unbridled political dialogue, go to a website entitled unz.com, the owner allows free and practically uncensored discussion.
If, however, you are a thin-skinned individual who takes umbrage at dissenting opinions, you best stay away. It is a site where sacred cows get slaughtered. w
reggie_obe

Post by reggie_obe »

No one was asking for unbridled political dialogue, just respect where respect is due.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

reggie_obe wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:44 amNo one was asking for unbridled political dialogue, just respect where respect is due.
Can you cite an example here on Chaski in which someone was treated with disrespect?
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
reggie_obe

Post by reggie_obe »

How about post #7.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

reggie_obe wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:00 pmHow about post #7.
The post by Harold? I don't see anything disrespectful about it.
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
reggie_obe

Post by reggie_obe »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:53 pm
To make this statement, "you're cruising for a bruising. ", to a Veteran is okay?
Your Mama didn't raise you right.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

reggie_obe wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:11 pm
To make this statement, "you're cruising for a bruising. ", to a Veteran is okay?
Well, I'm a veteran and saw nothing in Harold's post that was out of line. spro has had a habit of posting politically-oriented commentary here, which is verboten. Being a veteran doesn't confer special privileges.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

reggie_obe wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:11 pm
There is no place on this board that allows me to know that spro, or ANYONE, is a veteran, nor is it relevant. There are simple rules that one must observe if one hopes to remain on this board, which is offered free of charge to those who wish to participate. They are NOT free to ignore the mandates set forth by administration. Readers here are guests in the home of the owner, and should behave as such. Almost all of them do.

My mama taught me that it was not polite to place my muddy shoes on the couch. Now I have a dilemma. It's not polite of me to tell a veteran (which is irrelevant) that he shouldn't put his muddy shoes on the owner's couch, but it's acceptable, in your eyes, for the veteran to put them there?

Your mama failed you, my friend. She should have instilled in you the fact that no one is above the rules of the house. spro had been admonished on numerous occasions to stop posting political dogma, and was admonished for deleting posts. You have him to thank for the edit button having been removed from the board, because he wouldn't reign in. It's more than obvious that those admonishments changed nothing. He was, indeed, "cruisin' for a bruisin'."

It's pretty simple. This board is based on the themes of machining and railroading. So long as folks restrain themselves and stick to the topics that are acceptable, everyone seems to get along just fine. The vast majority of the readers on this board are here because of the kind demeanor and friendly atmosphere. It is my job to see to it that that doesn't change. I do my job.

I expect that this topic is now closed. Use good judgment in making any further comments.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Harold:
Thank you for your continued management of this remarkable resource.
Happy New Year!
RussN
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Harold_V wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:05 amThere is no place on this board that allows me to know that spro, or ANYONE, is a veteran, nor is it relevant. There are simple rules that one must observe if one hopes to remain on this board, which is offered free of charge to those who wish to participate. They are NOT free to ignore the mandates set forth by administration. Readers here are guests in the home of the owner, and should behave as such.
As I noted in another post some time ago, membership here is a privilege, not a right. One's status in life outside of Chaski is irrelevant and obeying the rules isn't optional.
spro

Post by spro »

Perhaps we let this rest. You have slaughtered me. There was different types of slaughter. How about being wrapped around a telephone pole.
How about going thru a windshield and live to tell about it.
You got it now. Served in a plate . Eat it.
Many jobs before 33 years of telecommunications . From the depths and bowels of underground vaults to every stage, I was there and that isn't good enough. Every stage and just breeze past it- like it didn't happen.
It DID happen and the turbines and the sequence of Cats coming alive. Being the only person of responsibility . Man. I did the sequence of the timing to where it synced to another point.
People don't know this and how super protection was STANDARD ! Give me a ..course not. Every single stage of OUR communications- I was there. Every generation up and to the grand Microwave horns that blasted across the river.
In the freakin dead cold , I was busting parts of me, getting into the satellite hub of a huge building. Frosty stuff and then inside a huge chiller. Hot as freakin ....Right . Thirty+ freaking years and that isn't enough to even mention.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

spro! Take your meds and quit blathering!