Merry Christmas

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Merry Christmas

Post by spro »

Ascending to The Day. We remember from both sides. Once, little children opening presents. Much later, we know it isn't about that.
Blessed Day and remember our parents who spent weeks hiding gifts and wrapped them in the middle of the night. The joy I saw in siblings faces was nothing compared to my parent's.
spro

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by spro »

Apostles. How in the world did they do it? How in the world.
spro

Post by spro »

Some way we must come to grips about the meaning of Christmas
and put it aside, to not talking about anything staring us in the face 2000 years.
spro

Post by spro »

Wow. Spring in December. One fat bird sitting in the tree. She was very lost or needed to drop eggs soon. I'll try to look after her when we get plastered with snow and freezing rain. I went to the store and bought spiked seltzer. This same gal always asks me for date of birth. I usually make something up because I'm old as the hills. She always does this and I think she just wants to get a rise off my response. She or I said "Merry Christmas" and I said; " i hope you have a wonderful Christmas because you are a wonderful woman" (and she is). It didn't hurt a bit to say that.
Patio

Post by Patio »

Merry Christmas Spro!
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Merry Christmas All and find some time to make chips.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Merry Christmas. A quiet time as all the kids and grandkids are at other families. Maybe a relaxing drive to the ocean for the wife and I today.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
spro

Post by spro »

I thought my head would get bitten for mentioning. That didn't happen. I Thank You and yours for understanding. It was different this time and went sort of agnostic. I mean, the elders were sitting around and the youngest children wouldn't even talk to them. Every young person was engrossed into their cell phone. There wasn't Christmas Carols as before. The big screen TV had NBA going on and during the commercials, was no different. My Mom left the room. She told me later;" Not one of those those kids came over and wished me Merry Christmas."
It was all about presents and putting up with Christmas. So there we have it. No need to mention anything.
spro

Post by spro »

However. The adults got along fine and the food was great. Love all around and remember. Remember when I was an idiot and thought these aunts and uncles were going to live forever. I'll get back to that later...right. What comes around goes around again.
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

This Christmas has been under a pall for me.

My partner of 12 years underwent brain surgery on 12/12 for a glioblastoma. The bottom line here is : "She will die from this." The only unknown is, how long do we have?

She seems to have accepted this, but those of us around her -- especially her two daughters, to whom I have been a surrogate father, and i -- are still reeling from it.

I am not a religious man, so asking for prayers would be sacriligious. But if you have room in your heart for some kind, warm wishes, I'd be eternally grateful.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

That news grieves me. Like you, I am not a religious person, tending towards atheism, but likely best described as an agnostic.

That said, please know that you are in my thoughts. How I wish there was more I could do.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

Thank you, Harold.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"