Merry Christmas

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Steggy

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Steggy »

neanderman wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:03 amMy partner of 12 years underwent brain surgery on 12/12 for a glioblastoma.
I am very sorry for your partner and you. I wish you both the best.

For those who aren't familiar with it, glioblastoma multiforme is an aggressive form of brain cancer that is not well-understood and difficult to treat. Surgery remains the best hope for now, with possible radiation therapy followup.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
spro

Post by spro »

Oh Ed, what to say. Proton therapy is a course and seems to be available in NY, Baltimore and DC now. No way was your season merry. Good wishes and hopes go to your partner and you.
I can't rightly leave it there. There is Power in prayers. Some of us are going to be in "state of grace" to where prayers mean something for her and you.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Ed:
I am truly grieved to hear your news. I've been feeling my own mortality this year, so this hits home.
You and your Partner will remain in my thoughts, as the new year rolls into the calendar.
Thinking Good Thoughts your direction.
RussN
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

NP317 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:57 am Ed:
I've been feeling my own mortality this year, so this hits home.
Yep! Indeed it does. I turned 80 last July and am now facing the fact that I am likely running out of time. It's far worse when one is younger, being cheated from the aging process and the fulfillment of one's dreams.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

Neanderman: Sorry to hear of your partner's affliction. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
neanderman

Post by neanderman »

Thanks, all, for your thoughts and prayers. I was widowed 23 years ago -- to say I feel double gobsmacked puts it mildly.

Taking it one day at a time.

Blessings to all. And a Happy New Year.
Ed

LeBlond Dual Drive, 15x30
US-Burke Millrite MVI
Atlas 618
Files, snips and cold chisels

Proud denizen of the former "Machine Tool Capitol of the World"
Patio

Post by Patio »

Ed, sorry to here about the bad news. I will keep both of you in my thoughts. Hopefully there are still some good moments left.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!