Dorian

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

rudd

Re: Dorian

Post by rudd »

My ladyfriend tells me her kids are calling frantic from NY because "it is headed right for Savannah".
We are under a tropical storm watch, NOT a hurricane watch. NWS shows 0% chance of hurricane force winds. Yet, people in New York state think we are all gonna die.

Steven is right, the Weather Channel and others, incl. CNN gin this stuff up for all the ratings they can.
rudd

Post by rudd »

Just wanted to follow up. We had one fatality. A young woman evacuating was killed in an auto accident. Yet every time I hear you MUST evacuate for your safety. This is what all this hype leads to.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I'm so glad to see people with experience back me up on this. I'm so tired of having people from Iowa and California tell me I'm imagining things. Everyone who lives in Florida knows the TV heads are completely untrustworthy.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
spro

Post by spro »

A fatality happened recently. A man on a ladder was boarding up his windows and fell to his death. The structure was fine. It made the news about five minutes.