End Of Life

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

armscor 1

End Of Life

Post by armscor 1 »

My Son had an unusual request from a funeral parlour to
convert a Makita Wheelbarrow, max load 300 pounds to move coffins with bodies enclosed and load into hearse.
Currently they use a gantry crane which is awkward.
Never thought of the logistics required to put us in our final resting place.
Attachments
IMG-20190815-WA0003.jpg
liveaboard

Re: End Of Life

Post by liveaboard »

And I'd never even heard of a Makita wheelbarrow.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Having carried some coffins, I don't think 300 pounds of capacity is going to be enough. I would stay clear of that thing during a service for a heavy man, especially on sloped pavement. I hope your son put something in writing about who bears the risk.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

Wish I had a gantry crane for putting some patients into the back of our aid cars. 300 is not that big. By necessity, our stretches are now rated for 600 pounds...
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
spro

Post by spro »

It seems this happened millions of times. The really old hearses were tall, based on tall platform. People may wonder why Cadillac Buick etc built special vehicles upon truck components. Low baby, low. Rollers in the floor and clamps. They didn't build it. Miller Meteor and Superior built them. These had heavy truck axles and suspension to take the weight and remain low. A pallet jack could do it but no respect. I liked the pics. serious hydraulic ram.
My laptop is burning up. done
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

I had a buddy who weighed over 600 pounds. He got bariatric surgery, but of course, it didn't last. I gave him a ride in my truck, and when he got out, I saw little bits of foam from the seat cushion on the floor mat.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.