Apple Mac laptop

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: Apple Mac laptop

Post by spro »

Jcfx. Thanks for the update information. I'm leaning toward a laptop for reasons here. I need to fold it up, put it to the side and use the work space for other things. I need to do this often but thanks again.
Inspector

Post by Inspector »

spro my iMac is a late 2009 model and earlier this year when the new operating system came out it wouldn't upgrade because the hardware wouldn't support it. It does however still get updates to the prior operating system so it gets the security upgrades. I have never had any hardware problems or software crashes. One of the reasons for getting it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

My wife has a Mac Book Pro a few years newer. It had the hard drive quit a couple years ago, so we had it replaced. She also has an iPad from the same timeframe.

We both have iPhones and they all play well together.

I can't give you all the inner guts info on the hardware and software as it is way over my knowledge base and I have no interest in that stuff. I just like that they turn on and work.

Enjoy whatever you decide to get.

Pete

Oops! I just realized this thread was from the spring. I assume you got something so "Never mind."
spro

Post by spro »

Hi Pete. I should have replied earlier to thank folks for their time and inspiration. I figured it was a done thread. I had bought an older laptop which has Win 10 installed. I was itching to get it going last night, then I heard in the morning about the massive security breach. Multi millions of MS Win 10 cps being used or hijacked. Procrastination isn't usually good but in this case, maybe. The set up information says to allow the latest versions of Win 10 but now actually, go to UPDATE because those versions have the security flaw. Mac is looking better all the time.