situations and time

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

situations and time

Post by spro »

Sometimes when I watch movies with Sterling Hayden or John Ireland, I know they are really good actors. Same with James Arness and others connected to head and jaw punches. Some of these connected and I'll bet they were sore. James Arness was working with WW11 wounds
We see all these people in excellent condition doing remarkable things now. There was a reason this happened. Many of the Vets were enfeebled by some injury but continued to work in machining or manufacturing after the War. Engineering; what ever because they saw total war and knew we should be stronger in some way than the adversary.
These men served knowing their brothers in arms didn't make it. It was the hopes and more than dreams. It was concepts.
Awful stuff where trying to get a foothold .... it is better now with new foot wear but consider the weight they had to lift...under enemy fire and bombs.
I'm only saying that that the men we lost could have surpassed what we see now. They were throwing grenades instead of basket balls.
spro

Re: situations and time

Post by spro »

Situations and time breaks down, for our backs and tender wrists are not the same. We are somewhat required to use them guided by clear mind.
spro

Post by spro »

The reason I mentioned Sterling Hayden and John Ireland is because they always looked peeved and combative. It was acting, to break a smile.
The movie "Suddenly" is really good.
spro

Post by spro »

It is good movie but I don't like the plot much. Sheriff Hayden managed to thrart it. It is sometimes with more definition, we can see into the dark eyes of Mr. Hayden. There is something else going on than penetrating a fellow actor, actress. It was severe concentration and memories of serious work he knew. He was in it for the money and knew it. He didn't join Hollywood, they requested him and it would pay for his Mom's property .
spro

Post by spro »

Perhaps this is lead up to Memorial Day. Can't say and didn't want it to be. However; our wounded Vets with all sorts of injuries from recent combat need help. Striking in that the congress allows in flows of hundreds thousands while our younger Soldiers and Marines need primary care and support.
It is a cruel thing to bomb this administration and then strangle.
spro

Post by spro »

I just have to think about a few things. Combat troops are using the most advanced equipment built. They know a lot more than any ramble about T-34 or Panthers and Tigers. It Must go this way and it must use the hardened fire control. It hurt to see all the M1 Abrams deployed in the deserts. I think that is not what they were made for. Technology keeps on going and depleted uranium shells penetrated the thick armor. So then, Uranium 1 and it isn't even an issue. Gosh, I thought that was serious .