Mark Gregor

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

RONALD

Mark Gregor

Post by RONALD »

My brother recently came across the equipment being sold from the railroad of Mark Gregor of Henery, Illinois, that is the first I had heard of his death.

I had corresponded by email with Mark for several years, and he would send me jpegs of his Central Illinois RR.

I never got to visit, or talk, he was apparently crippled in his last few years, but made a valient attempt to keep his RR going.

His RR appeared to be quite extensive, it's a shame to see such a project turned to dust.

At 69, he was about the same age as Big Dave, any of you guys from the ILS know the details?
Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 9.27.04 AM.png
ALCOSTEAM

Re: Mark Gregor

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

This is the first I had heard of his passing. There was talk about some of his equipment being for sale of recent but no explanation of why. Lee Wright was a good friend of Marks and he built quite a bit of Marks equipment and helped on building his railroad.
Hopefully someone will come along with more info.
spro

Re: Mark Gregor

Post by spro »

I didn't know Mark Gregor except from his obituary. That is enough to know he was/ is a great guy. I believe he touched many of us by his work.
Thank you Ronald.