Home sand casting equipment for sale on PM

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

SteveM

Home sand casting equipment for sale on PM

Post by SteveM »

I have no connection to the seller, but thought someone here might be interested:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/to ... le-241486/

Steve
steamin10

Re: Home sand casting equipment for sale on PM

Post by steamin10 »

Wtih no pics, it is a pig-ina-poke. There is no mention of whether it is commercial stuf, home built, or any combination.

And why is there a temperature limit? Most crucible furnaces can run right up above 2000 for bronze temperatures, and even iron around 2600, although it gets hard on the furnace in that range. No mention of fuel type either, if you are curious.

Lots of questions.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Since it's a pickup-only item, you would see all that anyway.

Steve
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

On a hard to find item, this would make it less atractive for any out of town buyers, with the prospect of a long trip, and a ossible reject in the mix. Pictures dont always tell the tale, but at least give you a general idea of what you are dealing with, a home built contraption, or commercial unit, or well built shop creation.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.