New guy to your forum

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

victory84

New guy to your forum

Post by victory84 »

Gentleman I can see both sides of the fence on the crucible issue. My thought is that most of us are not working for NASA "Specs" means little to the guy making a garden plaque for his wife. This However does not make an exceuse for shoddy work or the lack of drive to produce the very best we can with whatever we have on hand. Yes to do it right takes a gob of money. But who's right is right? Who are you working for or towards when you cant sleep all night cause your out of propane till saturday morning. I gathered a good aluminized suit w/hood for less than $60.00 on the ebay. Just aquired 2 digital temp controllers that im going to rig up into a homemade pyrometer cause $200 for one is robbery when you have a small budget. But my #16 silicon carbide crucible is on order! This has taken me alot to save for. But am glad to pay it in the name of safety. We all will make decisions on the next part of our foundry ops but I hope they are made on the side of safety before vanity. Thanks for the chance to babble [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif"%20alt="[/img]