Value of Sheet metal machines (Southwest)

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Value of Sheet metal machines (Southwest)

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

I purchased the tools from a an Estate. Unfortunately for me, I don't have room for them for another 3 or so years when I can build my new shop....I can't find much on them, I am in the Phoenix area. I know depending on where one is located, it could make a difference on value.

What I have
Pexto 137L shear with backgage
DiAcro 24" box/pan (finger) brake
Pexto Combination roll. I believe it to be a Model 622, comes with the benchtop clamp mount and about 6 sets of dies and all the bits when it was new.

I believe this gentleman purchased these items new and they still look to be near new or in otherwise excellent condition.

I am trying to establish a fair market value on them. So, I am hoping those in the know can make some suggestions. I did look at completed items on Ebay, found a few on the shear and the roll, but ironically, not much on the 24" finger brake.

Thanks in advance.
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
chooch

Re: Value of Sheet metal machines (Southwest)

Post by chooch »

Marty,
It`s been a long time since your posted question but haven`t seen a reply.
Anyway, being very new, the only 2 Foot finger brake I ever saw was on a stand with a lower Pedal that you stepped on to Clamp the metal for bending.
The fingers were rather narrow, various in width sizes and, the machine was used in Sign Shops for bending the side pieces ("Skirts") of Metal letters. Letters, individually or connected (like script) most commonly lighted with Neon tubes.
chooch
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Value of Sheet metal machines (Southwest)

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

chooch wrote:Marty,
It`s been a long time since your posted question but haven`t seen a reply.
Anyway, being very new, the only 2 Foot finger brake I ever saw was on a stand with a lower Pedal that you stepped on to Clamp the metal for bending.
The fingers were rather narrow, various in width sizes and, the machine was used in Sign Shops for bending the side pieces ("Skirts") of Metal letters. Letters, individually or connected (like script) most commonly lighted with Neon tubes.
chooch
Thanks Chooch.
The finger brake is a Diacro #24. Unfortunately the previous owner drug it around by its handle and broke a pivot tower in the main casting. The rest of the machine is in excellent original condition. So, I believe it would be best to part it out.

The 37" shear is finding a new home in SoCal.

The Pexto 622 found a new home as well.

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"