Business opportunity

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

dgoddard

Business opportunity

Post by dgoddard »

Eddie of Eddie's Fin Fur and Feather Gun and sporting goods store in Montreal Missouri, has passed away, Although physically a small store, the size of the firearms inventory is probably one of the larger in the area. He was there for 30 years and had developed a "substantial" customer base. The estate would be willing to sell the business intact but will sell off the inventory in late April - early May if the business cannot be sold intact. There is a small adjacent older house and a manufactured home which may or may not be available with the store. Montreal is a tiny 4-corners in a rural area and the store is located just outside the town limits. Anyone who would be interested in investigating such a business with an established customer base should contact Cindi Dulle (pronounced dooley) at 573 346 3351. I have no personal interest in the matter other than wanting to keep one more gun and sporting goods store in my home area. Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone who might be interested.
I never met anybody that I couldn't learn something from.
Chuck38

Re: Business opportunity

Post by Chuck38 »

any idea what it will go for?
dgoddard

Re: Business opportunity

Post by dgoddard »

Chuck38 wrote:any idea what it will go for?
Not really, but I can say that around this part of the state we have the lowest real estate prices and taxes I have seen in a very long time, It was one of the attractions to retire here. Our real estate taxes are less for a year for 20 acres with a house than a friend pays for his 10 acres and a house in Wisconsin for just a month.

The building is rather specialized and compact so I doubt it will appraise at much. I would suggest calling the number I gave and see what they say. Otherwise they plan on selling off the inventory at a couple of 3 day 30% off sales. If someone bought the operation, they might do the sales themselves to off set the purchase price but keep enough of the inventory to make their start. I am sure that a lot of good stuff is going to go for cheap. Hopefully I can make it to the sales, but I am supposed to be out of town sometime around then.
I never met anybody that I couldn't learn something from.